Laws in Brazil have recently become more stringent in preventing transnational corporations like “Big Food” and “Big Snack” from replacing long established local food systems with ultra-processed products. Officials argue that such processed foods deteriorate public health while leading to obesity, major chronic illnesses as well as undermining the community and culture at large. Children at Brazil state schools will now be entitled to one meal that is 70% fresh or minimally processed and the other 30% from local farmers. What are your thoughts – should America follow Brazil’s lead in protecting  America’s farmers while improving national health at large?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/247418.php

 

Advertisements